Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Big boy/monkeypotamus/Ian-bo-be-un/sweet boy,

Mommy here. Taking over your blog to wish you the happiest of birthdays. You are 6 months old today! Where on earth have the past six months gone? It seems just yesterday that we were locking onto your blue eyes for the first time. And now? You are SIX MONTHS OLD. How is that possible? Since I know the next six months will fly by with equal haste, I will attempt to chronicle your current self:

You like...
...baths
...books
...chewing
...drooling
...flying (particularly at someone)
...kicking
...kissing (with an open mouth no less you stud)
...sleeping (THANK YOU!)
...smiling
...staring (your eyebrows are very expressive)
...swaddles (yes plural - two at the same time as you wriggle out of one)
...swimming lessons
...swinging (sometimes leaning forward in the swing)
...tickles (armpits primarily)
...twisting (you are never in the same place we left you in your crib)
...wiggly fingers
...wind chime toy

You do not like...
...heat
...long car rides
...loud noises (even a sneeze gets a startled look out of you)
...missing a nap
...pacifiers
...sucking
...teething (your 5th and 6th teeth are poking through right now)

You can...
...roll across the room
...sit by yourself
...move toys from hand to hand
...pull just about anything to your mouth
...giggle and smile

I love you baby!

7 comments:

Beth July 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

6 months do fly by! I can't believe all that you are doing and we still have not met :( I will hopefully get to meet you in August! Happy 1/2 Birthday my friend!

Rachele July 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

what a happy picture! aren't those linkadoos pure genius??

happy 6 month-er!

Anonymous July 16, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

oh man, now i KNOW i'm pmsing, b/c this HAPPY post made me cry like a baby!! (mostly b/c i'm so happy that you guys have Ian!!)

Anonymous July 16, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Holy Toledo - I haven't checked the blog in a while and.... I am totally flabbergasted....6 months already....congrats!!!! Nurse Gretchen

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Happy Half-Birthday Ian!

Anonymous July 17, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Ian, I was thinking about you yesterday on your half birthday and how six months has gone by so quickly! I love you so much!!! Auntie M

Emily July 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

Happy 1/2 Birthday Ian!! Wow time does fly...it seems I was just reading the update saying that you arrived in this world! And now look at you, you're getting so big and my gosh if it's even possible you're getting even cuter!!
Lori I loved your post...it was soooo sweet.
Sweet dreams!

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP