Santa's Special Gift
On Christmas, Santa brought me an extra special gift that not many people get these days. The chicken pox! In a month, I would have been immunized for chicken pox but I just couldn't wait.
You can barely see three dots on my face on Christmas. By that night, I had a fever of 101.
The fever went away around noon the next day and I started feeling better. But the dots looked angrier and brought friends. Mommy talked to a doctor on the phone who said it was just a virus and not to worry.
By the next day, I had lots and lots of spots but I felt okay.
By the next day, more spots appeared and the first few were pretty icky looking. There's even one in my ear! I still felt fine though.
Today Mommy and Daddy took me to the doctor who said I have chicken pox. They don't itch at all (yet) and I still feel okay so I guess it's not that bad.
The good news is that now I don't have to get a poke for the chicken pox next month! Hooray. I guess it's also a good thing that we've been snowed in at home so I couldn't give this little gift to other people.
My buddy Nicholas has the chicken pox too. He went to the East Coast for Christmas when his spots appeared and now they are stuck there until the spots are gone. I hope he can come home soon.
2 comments:
Poor baby! You hardly hear of the chicken pox anymore... :-( Well, at least he won't remember them when he's older..but there will be picture to prove it!
Feel better soon, Ian! You are a cutie-patootie, even with red spots!
-Annie (Brady's mom)
Post a Comment