Monday, June 30, 2008

Splash!

Mommy and I went to my first swimming lesson yesterday along with my friend Nicholas. I had fun singing songs and floating and even gliding under the water a couple of times. At the end of the class, we got to go down a slide! Funny story about the slide...

Nicholas and I are by far the youngest kids in the class. The other two swimmers are 13-months old and 14-months old. When it was time to go down the slide, one daddy lifted his 14-month old girl out of the water and she walked over to the slide. Then another daddy lifted his 13-month old boy out of the water and he walked to the slide holding onto the teacher's fingers. Then it was my turn. Mommy lifted me out of the water and handed me to the teacher saying "he's 5 months old so he's probably NOT going to walk to the slide." The daddy with the little girl said "he's how old?!" Mommy told him that I am 5-months old. The daddy flagged down his wife who was sitting on the side of the pool and yelled "honey, he's only 5-months old! Can you believe it?" What can I say? I'm a big boy! Mommy says that between my teeth and my size, people probably think I'm older than I really am.

Nicholas' grandma took lots of video of our swimming lesson and mommy will post it when we get a copy. Then you can see firsthand how big I am...and what a great swimmer I am. Just like my big sister.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP