Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's Paaaaartay!

Ian: Mom and I are going to tell you all about my birthday party. It was the bestest birthday party in the whole world.


Mom: Only the bestest birthday party for the bestest birthday boy! Except that we skipped a couple big things like opening presents. Oops! I guess we were having too much fun.

Ian: It all started after my nap. When I woke up, the dining room was decorated and there were monkey cupcakes. Hooray!

Mom: Well, you do scream like a monkey a lot...


Ian: I wore this shirt so everyone would know how old I am.
Mom: I'll bet next year you'll be able to tell everyone how old you are and won't need it written on your shirt. But it might be fun to wear a special "2" shirt anyway. We'll see.

Ian: Auntie M brought me balloons!

Mom: From the look on your face, I think you might like balloons.

Ian: Soon, lots of my favorite people arrived. Nicholas and his mommy and daddy, Grandpa, my birthmom Ashley, my birthdad Brice and Julie.

Mom: It was so special to have so many of our family and friends come to share this big day. We can't thank you all enough for coming.

Ian: After we all ate some spaghetti (my favorite), it was time for monkey cupcakes! I knew just what to do with it.

Mom: You started eating it so fast that we didn't have time to sing Happy Birthday or put a candle in it! I barely had a chance to get your plate out of the way and remove the cupcake paper.

Ian: After cupcakes, we all played in my playroom.
Mom: After we hosed you off a bit of course. You even had frosting in your hair!
Ian: I got more puppets for my birthday, I love puppets.
Mom: You have your own little Village People Puppet group now.
Ian: I had so much fun playing with everyone. I sure do love my Ashley and Brice lots and lots.
Mom: Only the bestest birthparents for the bestest boy!

Ian: After that, I took a good long nap. Birthdays are exhausting!

Mom: Tell me about it! Good thing you have a whole year to gear up for the next one. Happy Birthday Ian!!

3 comments:

The Tucson Gang January 18, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

OMG - those are just adorable! The cupcakes are amazing...you crafty momma! Guess...only the bestest momma for the bestest little boy, right?!!? :-) Love the series of cupcake eating - Ryan asked if there was video! We loved it! What a big boy - can't WAIT to see you soon!

The Tucson Gang

Rachele January 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

so so so cute. Please tell me you bought those cupcakes. I will be in such awe if you actually can decorate cupcakes that well with your own hand.

Ian looks fantastic!

Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Yep, I made those cupcakes myself (copied the design from a picture I found on the internet). They're super easy since it's just Vanilla Wafers and gel icing.

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP